As we start the third week of the senior season, I’ve been asked to outline a couple of points:
The first is a very simple reminder that all under 18s should wear a mouth guard & shin pads at all matches & training sessions. Failure to turn up with the correct safety gear will mean that they will not be allowed to take part. Although not mandatory, we also thoroughly recommend that all senior members use these items too. Hockey is a dangerous sport and accidents do happen.
For any defenders taking part in short corners, we also recommend wearing a face mask. Captains of senior Saturday sides may have some spares that they can share during matches but it is always preferable to purchase your own mask as you can be sure that it fits correctly and offers the best visibility and protection.
Secondly, over the last week we have had a couple of positive covid cases reported from within the club. Restrictions and guidance have changed since last season so I’d just like to outline the current state of play:
- Over the last few months almost all restrictions have been lifted, however we still need to take care and be sensible.
- Whereas the club no longer has a duty to monitor all training sessions, matches and COVID cases, Government guidelines still apply to individuals.
- There is no longer a requirement to register when entering the pitch at Coopers’.
- Although the act of playing on the same pitch as someone does not constitute ‘close contact,’ if you do test positive then please try to let people your teammates know just so they can stay alert. If you would like to stay anonymous then let me know and I will pass the message on.
- If you feel like you are displaying any symptoms of COVID, please take a test.
As usual, if you have any questions then please let me know and if you are playing today, good luck!
Membership & COVID Officer