Quite a long message but please take the time to read it all.
We very much hope you are looking forward to returning to the Hockey pitch. We have tried to arrange sufficient hockey for our membership between now and the end of May, this will include training and an Interclub competition. We are still under a number of restrictions so have decided as a club not to arrange any external fixtures until advised otherwise by England Hockey.
There has been a slight change for some with regards to training, as Coopers have now allowed their facility to be open until 9.30pm. The new training times are now noted below. Please only attend the training session that is relevant to the side you play in and members are only allowed to attend a maximum of 1 senior training session per week, until advised otherwise. If you are unsure which training session to attend, please contact Mike Scrivener (Senior Hockey) or Andrew Berry (Junior Hockey) for clarification.
Unfortunately, spectators will not be allowed at pitch side until after 12th April 2021. One Parent of an under 18 player is allowed but we ask that you respect social distancing rules and remain in the car park.
- Colts – 6pm-7pm Under 7s – Under 9s (School years 2/3/4) Open for Boys & Girls
- Senior – Ladies 3’s & 4’s 7.30pm – 8.30pm
- Senior – Men 3’s / 4’s / 5’s 8.30pm – 9.30pm
- Colts – 6pm-7pm Under 10’s – Under 13’s (School years 5/6/7/8) Open for Boys & Girls
- Senior – Ladies 5’s & 6’s 7pm – 8pm
- Senior – Men & Ladies 1’s & 2’s 8pm – 9.30pm
- Colts – 9.30am – 10.30am Under 7s – Under 9s (School years 2/3/4) Open for Boys & Girls
- Colts – 10.30am – 11.30am Under 10’s – Under 13’s (School years 5/6/7/8) Open for Boys & Girls
- Colts – 11.30am – 12.30pm under 14’s – under 16’s (School years 9/10/11) Girls Only
The above sessions are for Upminster members only, we are not accepting guests or new members at the current time.
Details of the Interclub competition will follow in the next few days.
While we are delighted that some normality is returning to the Hockey way of life, our COVID policy remains in place and we ask our membership to remind themselves of the rules the club asks you to follow. There are no exceptions to these rules so please follow them. The policy can be found via https://upminsterhc.co.uk/uhc-covid-policy/
The main points are:
- Please stay away if you have any Covid symptoms or have been diagnosed with the virus.
- Please remember that all players need to register via the QR code ahead of entering the playing area.
- Social distance where possible.
Regrettably, some sad news to finish, Debbie Ruck, who had been our Caterer for the last few years sadly passed away earlier this year. She was a great asset and friend to the Club and will be greatly missed.
Also, some of you may have seen on the East Website that Russell Nutter has also passed away, Russell was a great servant to the sport having been Chairman and League Manager for the East for many years as well as a playing member for Letchworth Hockey Club. He will also be greatly missed.