We are delighted to inform you that following the recent easing of Government Covid rules and confirmation from Coopers’ that bookings can recommence, we are able to plan a return to hockey from Tuesday 6th April 2021. Your Club is committed to its membership and given the lock-down, we have extended the hockey activities beyond when we would normally be closed for the season, to enable us to provide further opportunity to our members.
While competitive hockey against other clubs is not allowed, we will be providing training and Inter Club competitions for those who wish to participate. Training sessions for all members, including colts training sessions will recommence from 6th April 2021 and dependent on demand will run until 31st May 2021. Noted below are the training session times. Should anyone require any clarification on what training sessions they should attend please contact either Mike Scrivener (Senior Hockey) or Andrew Berry (Colt’s Hockey).
Unfortunately, Spectators will not be allowed at Pitch side until after 12th April 2021.
- Colts – 6pm-7pm Under 7s – Under 9s (School years 2/3/4) Open for Boys & Girls
- Senior – Ladies 3’s & 4’s 7pm – 8pm
- Senior – Men 3’s / 4’s / 5’s 8pm – 9pm
- Colts – 6pm-7pm Under 10’s – Under 13’s (School years 5/6/7/8) Open for Boys & Girls
- Senior – Ladies 5’s & 6’s 7pm – 8pm
- Senior – Men & Ladies 1’s & 2’s 8pm – 9pm
- Colts 9.30am -10.30am Under 7s – Under 9s (School years 2/3/4) Open for Boys & Girls
- Colts – 10.30am – 11.30am Under 10’s – Under 13’s (School years 5/6/7/8) Open for Boys & Girls
- Colts 11.30am – 12.30pm under 14’s – under 16’s (School years 9/10/11) Girls Only
The above sessions are only for existing club members, we are not accepting guests or new members at the current time.
In addition to the above Jordan Southan has very kindly agreed to organise an interclub competition for senior playing members. Jordan will email separately on this competition, which will take place on Saturday’s as a mixed event and be open to all senior playing members. This again is not open to guests or non-members.
All of the above will be subject to our previously stated Covid Guidelines (ie everybody participating in UHC events will be expected to sign in at pitch side). There are no exceptions to these rules which can be found on the UHC website. Spectators will be allowed, but will be subject to Government distancing guidelines and any Coopers’ Coborn guidelines.
Unfortunately, the Clubhouse will remain closed, further details regarding reopening will be announced at a future date.
Again, your committee is delighted that we can play hockey again and look forward to seeing you at Coopers’ in the near future.