Big thanks with your support on our Summer League Challenge. We have around 170 participants across 11 teams. So as we are getting closer to the start date, we thought we’d give you an update on what happens next.
- Challenge starts Friday 12th June and will run for 31 days to Sunday 12th July.
- Our 11 teams are going to aim to complete all of the distances it takes to get from London to Baku, St Petersburg, Bucharest, Budapest, Rome, Copenhagen, Bilbao, Munich, Glasgow, Dublin & Amsterdam
- You can Run, Cycle or Walk [includes dog walking, walking to parents, shops, Golf] mainly looking for outdoor activities
- Track your activity through personal apps [in Kilometres] and make sure you share this data on your team Google tracker sheet
- Share your activities across Social Media and make sure you ‘Tag/Mention’ Upminster Hockey Club in your posts. Like & share please. The Romford Recorder is going to be covering our progress weekly so the more pics the better.
- We will be posting team progress on a weekly basis across our Social Media channels. Remember it’s a Team Challenge so we really need your support to help everyone get across the finishing line.
- Every Saturday with the first being this Sat 13th June we are going to turn this into a ‘Super Saturday’ where we would like you all to wear the mighty Blue & Gold colours when you are out and about on your activity. We see this as a great way to raise awareness of our challenge amongst the local community.
- We have applied for a fundraising page. We are hopeful this will be ready for the start of the challenge. Once we have these details we will share.
Good luck to everyone. And remember to share your pics, mention UHC in your posts.